It has been awhile since I posted anything, so it seemed a good idea to get some new work up here. I just finished working on a quick and really…unusual project. I’m not free to say too much about it yet, but it was definitely something different! There was a bit of a MAD Magazine sensibility to the project, and I was doing, for lack of a better term, what might be considered “prop elements.”
It’s been awhile since I did props, and the last time I did it some years back, the work was still done on paper. For this project, the work came to me in digital form, and stayed that way through the whole process.
Most of the ideas were very quickly roughed in for me in advance, and I fleshed them out and brought them to a finish. But there were also some cases where I generated ideas myself, submitted them and was told, “Go for it!” It’s always good when you have projects where you’re encouraged to improvise and contribute creatively.
What you’re seeing here are a few items I came up with, divorced from the “character elements” they’ll be paired with, I guess we could say. And the color here is all mine, too. I don’t know what the actual items will be colored like in the finished product, but I am curious to find out!