Four Bananas Make a Bunch

Let It SplitI’m sure most of you remember the Banana Splits. They were that famous and influential rock band that changed the face of the ’60s with their music; songs that have stood the test of time and are still with us today. Late in the band’s career, things had begun to get hectic and stressful. The members’ lives were heading in different directions. They were growing apart; no longer the same wide-eyed kids they were when they started out. But before they called it a day, they put out one final album: Let It Split.

Okay, not really. I just made up all that stuff. Knowledgeable visitors will realize that what I’ve done here is a riff off the cover of the Beatles’ last album, Let It Be, only recast with the members of the Banana Splits. Going clockwise from the upper left, you have Drooper, Fleegle, Snorky and Bingo.

Yes, when I was a kid, I would watch The Banana Splits Adventure Hour. Fun times. I’ll even admit to having sent away for the Banana Splits Fan Club Kit. No Sour Grapes Bunch for me! No sir! Sing it with me now: “Tra la la, la la la la,…” 🙂

This entry was posted in Animation, Personal and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Four Bananas Make a Bunch

1. John G. Pierce says:

They probably never sang, “Oh, yes, we have no bananas, we have no bananas today….”

• Mark says:

Uh, not that I can recall, no.
      But I wouldn’t have put it past the writers to have used that song as part of some kind of a slapstick quasi-vaudeville bit. Possibly also involving the Sour Grapes Bunch. They did a lot of those kinds of things.

2. Lance says:

Great Image. I haven’t seen this album in years.

Fun fact for your readers: The Monkees, Kiss and the Banana Splits are THE SAME FOUR GUYS…just trying different gimmicks in different periods.

• Mark says:

…And that sound you hear in the distance is the heads of some people exploding, out there on the internet.
      I’m glad you like this, Lance! Thanks for stopping by.

3. Tammy says:

This is very clever! You brought together my first bands in such a lovely way. I’ve seen many ‘Let It Be’ cover parodies, but this is my fave.

• Mark says:

I’m glad you liked it. This was one of those visual ideas that, once they pop into your head, they stay there until you let them out.